Friday 24 August 2012

Bugger off flu...

So it appears that I needed more than a mental health day this week....  I needed three days off work sick with the flu...

© Chrisharvey | Stock Free Images & Dreamstime Stock Photos
It has done the rounds in my family as I am sure
it has yours!  DH was off last week throwing his guts up with both the flu and whatever blasted tummy bug that has been going around.
The kids and I kinda felt a bit off last weekend, but I reached my peak this week and DD now has  a horrid bacterial infection that is producing some interesting coloured snot and phlegm that actually makes me want to hurl... quite an acheivement I think as I never seem to get these damn tummy bugs that go around that would seriously aid my quest to lose 20kgs!

Anyways, I am startng to feel like I am on the mend.  Yay!

DH is taking me out to dinner and a movie tonight to celebrate our 9 years of wedded bliss marriage and I am very much looking forward to this as it is much needed alone time that we very rarely ever get.  In fact, we haven't had any alone time this year, as in a date without children in tow.  The kidlets are even sleeping over at my folks tonight, so we will have an ENTIRE night of no children in the house.  We will wake up child free!!  I have cancelled tomorrow's market due to illness and slow recovery, so I don't have to be up at a sparrow's fart to drive up the hill to sell my vanilla wares....  I AM SOOO EXCITED!

I can even have a glass of vino or 5 cos I am not on flu medication (thank you antidepressants for that!) and I am not driving!!  Wohoo, this is just getting better and better, though in all likelyhood I will have one at dinner 'cos anymore will put me to sleep in the movie...

Things are actually improving on my lower dose of meds too so I am going to give myself the full month now to see how I feel.  Maybe I was just going through some sort of settling in period?  Maybe I just needed to get back to writing and keeping up with the positive thinking stuff that I know works when I do it properly?  Maybe, I just needed to get off my arse and exercise again?  Who knows, but I guess I will find out in another two weeks...

Until then, I hope this flu buggers off and leaves us all alone once and for all!


Yours in recovery mode,

            Mummy in Disguise
                                                    xoxo

1 comment:

  1. divine meal at restaurant DH never been to - check (he even ate couscous:))
    vino drunk - check
    adult conversation about stuff other than our kids - check
    awesome, laugh out loud, choke on food movie - check (The Campaign - go see it!)
    sore feet from gorgeous heels I rarely get to wear - check
    delish, child free sleep-in past 6am - check
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!
    Happy Anniversary baby:)

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!