Thursday 21 June 2012

Thankful Thursday...the people around us!

Hello My friends, it's another Thankful Thursday!

I have always been of the opinion that you should surround yourself with people who will help you grow and be the best version of you.  Of course, not everyone in your life can meet this
criteria...I bet someone's name or face just popped into your head right then!!  However, if we can have more of the good than the toxic, the better.

Not long ago I mentioned how we are looking into DS possibly having learning difficulties.  Yesterday I popped into my psychologist's office to ask about what they can do to help and how much it was all going to cost (tight budget and all). 

Well today, the lovely child psychologist who owns the practice came to speak to me HERSELF in my own office down the hall!  She filled me in on how best to go about the next step in the process to help us save some $$$ AND she gave me some questionnaires for us and his teacher to fill out that we can take back to our next pediatrician appointment!

I felt totally overwhelmed by this kindness and understanding.  The Psychologists at this practice are not only good at their jobs, but they are all beautiful people so eager to help.  I am extremely grateful today to have met them, not only for my own personal therapy journey, but for the future work my son will be doing with them, as I have every confidence that they will be able to provide the best help that he needs in a supportive, positive environment. 

Thanks guys, you rock!!  (Official thank you card will be forwarded in the mail:))

Forever grateful,

Mummy in Disguise
                               xoxo

2 comments:

  1. That is so very good to hear. Psychs often get a bad rap....and child therapists DO work their butts off to help get kids and their families get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply Megan, but yeah I couldn't agree more - these guys do work their butts off and I do see happy kids walking out of the office!!

      I met a fab Kinesiologist who works with children at the body, mind and soul festival on sunday too, so want to look into that more as well...

      Delete

C'mon, leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!