Thursday 14 June 2012

Let us give thanks!

Hi all!  I am a little late today, but still as thankful as ever :)

As the clock slowly approached knock off time at work this afternoon I realised that I had forgotten where I had parked my car today - fa-reak out!!!  Was a parking ticket awaiting me on my windscreen?  Would I
get the familiar feeling of disappointment as I approached my parking ticket laden car?  Only time would tell...

Bags packed - I am always in and out of work weighed down with a million bags full of books, exercise gear, lunch stuff - I made my way tentatively towards the direction I thought I had parked that day.  As I turned the corner I remembered that I had parked in the centre 3P free parking spaces around the corner from my office.  These are notoriously popular and hard to get but I remembered my little dance of excitement as I pulled in to the space after my second blockie!

Depsite my last ticket only being a caution, the Parking Inspectors in Cairns are more often then not ruthless and show no mercy.  They like to patrol this strip of parking regularly because most of the people that park here work in the city all day and often forget to move their car.  I am definitely included in this group and I definitely did not move my car today.  Hell, I completely forgot that I even parked there!

So it was with absolute and total relief that I saw no little white ticket on my windscreen as I made my approach.  I danced this morning and I danced again this afternoon!

So THANK YOU kind and merciful Parking Inspector for sparing me the horror and potential divorce of having to fork out for ANOTHER parking ticket. 

Yours parking debt free (this time),

Mummy in Disguise
                                xoxo

P.S.  It might be worth noting (read: admitting) that my head space is a little scattered at the moment.  I have way too much going on in there at the moment and I am struggling to get everything done.  My memory is practically non-existant and I am having some weird medication side affects I haven't had before - well I think that is what it is...  I have a to-do list a mile long that keeps getting longer both on paper and in my head!  Oh, bring on the school holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!