Thursday 12 July 2012

Thankful Thursday..... things happen for a reason

I have always been of the belief that things happen for a reason.  You meet the people you are meant to meet and they either help you on your journey, or you help them.  Some of these people become lifelong friends, part time friends or one off meetings; and we often don't realise there was significance to the meeting until much later.



Well, I now know what I want to do with myself post my current business and I would like to thank the person that helped to put me on this path, long as it was!

Nine years ago I met my beautiful friend Emma.  We met on the job when we worked together at the same travel agency and have been firm friends ever since.  We have been pregnant together, drunk lots of wine together, been there and done that together!

Emma's own journey has led her down a path into wellness and food; and she introduced me to the world of chemicals and how they are present in pretty much every facet of our lives.  She also showed me that we have choices about it!

To keep this story short, my own research and reading has meant that we now eat a low to no additive diet at home and we clean chemical free.  We get LOTS of green tree frogs around our house because of the lack of chemicals!  When our budget improves, ie when DH finishes his study and gets a full time job, personal care products will be the next challenge. 


If I hadn't changed our diet, I wouldn't have found out I am gluten intolerant.  There is the first thanks!! 

The second thanks is because with all these changes and my particular focus on food, I have finally found my passion!  I have always been interested in food, especially eating it, but now as a food producer/manufacturer I am more aware of how things are made, what they are made with and what is real and what isn't. I am also big on helping people and giving back to the community.

So how can I combine these interests?  Nutrition!  It seems so obvious, but it actually took me ages to find the right course and I went back and forth between natural therapies and nutrition for a while there too.

www.stockfreeimages.com
I am currently too connected to the family business to jump head first into this right now, so this will not happen until well into next year at least, but in the meantime, I can expand on my informal knowledge.  If only my blog posts could count as assignments!


So today I want to say "Thanks Em!".  Your journey of discovery put me on the right path and I found my own passion.  I feel excited and invigorated by the prospects of the future. 

I am grateful for all the people I cross paths with, I have come to meet some truly fabulous and interesting people.  All have helped in some way and most don't even know it!  I urge you to think about the people in your life and how they may have affected (hopefully in a positive way) the path you are on right now.

Forever blessed and grateful,

Mummy in Disguise
                                  xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!