Friday 4 May 2012

Thankful Thursdays!


Gratitude.  The most successful technique I use to help keep a positive mindset.  Oprah recommends it, she's even started a game for it on Facebook! 

So it must work, right?  Yes - but only if you keep it up. 

When I am at my lowest, I aim to write in my gratitude journal every day; however I find that during the good times I don’t physically have the time to do this, but I don’t stop, I just keep it up once a week and more if I need to. 

I find that when I do stop writing, usually because I feel so good, I end up right back where I started. So I need to treat this as important as I do medication and therapy or any other techniques that work for me. 

So, I thought we could keep the good vibes flowing with Thankful Thursdays.
Don’t worry about how corny you might think yours is, or if it is really short or five paragraphs long.  It is the process of being grateful that is important.  Feel good hormones are released that can keep you going all day.

I read a post on Facebook the other day that said:
“It is not happy people that are grateful.  It is grateful people that are happy.”
I love this because it shows the power that gratitude can have over your state of mind. 

Never tried it before?  Give it a go and let me know how you progress over the weeksJ

I am Grateful...

I hurt my arm last week and I have been having difficulty breathing, sneezing etc.  At first I felt extremely sad and sorry for myself, especially when the Doctor told me it could take six weeks to heal, but I have been able to turn this around into a positive.  This injury has forced me to slow down a little bit.  I was unable to do both days of market stalls I was scheduled to do over the weekend, which meant a day of rest at home with my family on Saturday and a day spent with my mother helping me on Sunday.  I am grateful that my injury has helped me to slow down and really see the things going on around me more clearly.  I am grateful for the extra rest I was able to get – and clearly needed!  It isn’t often that I get to truly turn a negative into a positive like this, so thank you universe!

What are you grateful for this week?

Mummy in Disguise

                              xoxo

2 comments:

  1. This is another variation of "The Glad Game" which Pollyanna used to play. It's worked for me for years. It's positive reinforcement in action.
    I commend it to everyone.

    ReplyDelete

C'mon, leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!