Thursday 17 May 2012

Thankful Thursday!

Morning Mummies and friends, it's Thankful Thursday time!!


There is so much to be grateful for but today I am particularly grateful for the gift of courage.

I agonised over writing my last post and very nearly did not hit the publish button.  I am so glad I did because I feel like a weight has been lifted and I can move on from it now.


Yesterday I went to the launch of Volunteers Week hosted by FNQ Volunteers Inc and their "Volunteer of the Year" Awards.  I witnessed alot of courageous people that do so many wonderful things in the community.  Without such people so many organisations that rely on volunteers would not be able to function properly if at all.  It was very inspiring!  Congratulations to the nominees and winners yesterday.

For some people it doesn't take much to be courageous, for others it is extremely difficult.  I'm not talking about saving people from a burning building type of courage.  I am talking about taking risks or making decisions or acts of kindness to improve your life or the life of others around you.  The decision to do something that can knowingly incite debate or judgement takes courage.  No one like to be judged , especially for the good things we do!

So, be courageous today....oh, and grateful!!!  No pressure....

Bravely,

Mummy in Disguise
                          xoxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!