Friday 10 January 2014

I don't do resolutions...

Have you set yourself New Years Resolutions for 2014?

How are they working out for you so far?

I am genuinely interested to know if there is anyone out there that truly sticks to their resolutions year in, year out?  I mean, really, you must be a rare breed if you do - and I salute you!

I was going to write about New Years Resolutions today and how I don't do them, and why I don't like them, yada, yada.... but I couldn't come up with anything that didn't sound condescending and superior!
So instead I am going to tell you about my goals and intentions for 2014...

I will start by saying that personally I don't do resolutions because it is just a to do list that I spend the year looking at and never really getting round to doing.  I feel great having made the list, and I feel really good about my decision to make those changes, but it rarely gets any further than that...

These days, I like to set goals and intentions for the year, with a plan of attack.  I also love to create a Vision Board for the year - it's not done yet, but I will happily share it with you when it's done.


The wonderful Dr. Wayne W. Dyer says,
"Skip the ultimatums, those resolutions with the due dates and deadlines. We can’t threaten ourselves into being our best. Instead, focus on how you want to feel each day. Be in the now—where all of our growth and healing takes place. Just for today, be that sugar-free, smoke-free, kind, positive, Spirit-filled person you want to be. And see how it feels. One day at a time."

So my goals for 2014 are:

- Start my nutrition course
- Save $$ every month for a house deposit
- Create a blog plan
- Follow and stick to the blog plan
- Disconnect from technology completely one day a week.  (I haven't started this one yet!!)
- Get off my blood pressure medication completely by June.

My Health intentions are:

- Eat dark leafy greens at least once a day
- Commit to moving my body in a way that feels amazing - everyday
- Drink more green tea & lemon
- Read for pleasure (from my book wishlist)
- Take the time to breathe and be still everyday
- Get back to nature regularly

You'll notice I haven't listed anything about my mental health.  Well, all of the intentions I have listed go towards keeping me in good mental health, so I don't feel I need to include anything specific about my illness anymore, which makes me very happy!

I also have goals and intentions for my business, that includes growing it to a point where I no longer need to work for someone else, and starting a second blog for Light Heart Therapies where I can write about wellness related issues without crowding this blog.


At the heart of these goals and intentions is how I want to BE in 2014:


Be present.
Be grateful.
Be authentic.
Be kind.

One day at a time.


Yours right here, right now,

                Mummy in Disguise
                                                xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!