Friday 21 February 2014

Back to nature always helps...

There is something in the air at the moment.  Some sort of energy, that seems to be sucking good, positive energy from me.  It feels restrictive... stifling....    It seems to be hanging around, even when I take steps to improve my own energy, thoughts and feelings... 

A few weeks ago I was feeling a little homesick, and a little at odds with our big city life compared to the small city tropical north Queensland life we had moved away from.

Life in the city - so much traffic!
I was missing being surrounded by beautiful mountains covered in nature.  I was missing seeing all that from my front door, the drive to work, any drive really...

So a few Saturdays ago, I suggested we take a drive and go somewhere green and rainforest-y.   

This is the view when you land in Cairns!
Everyone was very into the idea.  Yay!  So, come Sunday morning after cleaning the house (had to be done!), we piled into the car and set off for Lamington National Park to check out some caves near Binna Burra.

Oh how lovely it was to spend time in nature with my family. When you forget the  "are we there yet?" whinging, being hungry every five minutes, and not wanting to go into the cave "cos the bats will get her" we had a lovely family day out.  The views were amazing, the drive spectacular and lunch in Canungra was delish - they even have gluten free bread!

Me & the kiddies - look at that view...
DH & the kids...










We didn't do the full cave circuit, but the plan is to go back better prepared (more water anyone?) for a whole day and explore the area.  I won't tell them what my boss told me about the funnel webs out there though!
No bats here...

I felt so revived after our little day trip, and I again feel like we are where we are supposed to be.  We are so lucky to live in a city with so much nature on it's door step.

Yet, this energy funk just keeps hanging around....  I meditate. I journal.  I affirm.  I connect with others.  I get some green (nature) time, but...   Just when I find a nice balance, that heaviness returns. WTF?!?!?!?!?

Is it just me?  Is it all in my head?  Should I take it as sign of something else to come?   

What is it?  I can't put a finger on it....  Any enlightened friends got any ideas?

Anyways, I will continue with what I know works for me when it all gets too heavy and hope that it passes soon, very soon.  Luckily that includes getting some green whenever I can!

Yours throwing back the heavy blanket,

                                Mummy in Disguise
                                                                     xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

C'mon, leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you!